2.16.2010

Camp + Facebook = Conversation

For the past year or so, we've been having the conversation of "what's the best way for us to utilize social media for camp?". We've been playing around with different things, and I think there are a lot of really great ways to use social media for camp, but the thing I've been most excited about recently is our facebook fan page. For a long time, we didn't do much with it, but with some of the facebook redesigns, it has become such a great tool! It is so easy to post pictures, videos, or comments--and it is so easy for campers, staff, and alumni to respond.

I've been going through old pictures trying to find fun things to put on there, which has been really fun in itself--I love seeing what camp looked like back in the 60's and 70's, and it's been making me think about many of my own memories from camp. But I think my favorite part has been trying to guess a question that will resonate with our "fans". Some I think more alumni will respond to, others current campers and staff--it's fun to see which I'm right about, and which posts end up being popular, and which don't.

So far, this picture of the waterfront in 1968 has gotten the most responses--and it has been great to hear everyone's memories related to the waterfront! I laughed out loud reading some of them, and I hope that our camp community is having just as much fun seeing what we post on facebook as I am having deciding what to post and reading the responses!

No comments:

Post a Comment