4.18.2010

Saying Goodbye

In May, I'm starting a new job with the Y. Just 20 or so minutes down the road from where I am now--a great place, great people, a great job. I'm SO excited about it... it is a great opportunity for me, and I'm excited to get started. But starting a new job means leaving a place I love so much--and that is hard. I've been working at Kanata for about 1/3 of my life, and it is so much of who I am. I have learned so much from my time there, have met so many people that have changed my life, and have made so many memories that I will cherish forever. It will always be a part of me.

This weekend we had a mini-camp, and I was sitting down at the lake, watching campfire skits, as I have spent so many summer nights doing. Sitting there, surrounded by campers, watching the fire, singing familiar songs, and feeling so at home, I couldn't keep the tears from coming. I'm so excited about the future and about the new challenge of working at a great day camp this summer, but I know that every Friday night during the summer for years to come, my thoughts will drift over to the campfire that is going on down by the lake at a place that I love with all my heart.

There is no way that I can put into words all that Kanata has been for me and done for me, but it has shaped my life in so many ways, and it will always have a huge part of my heart... every year as the weather gets warmer and summer starts to roll around, I know I'll be going to Kanata in my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment