4.17.2009

Anticipation

Every year at around this time, I find myself getting ridiculously excited about the fact that camp is in the near future.  Every year since I can remember, I've had a countdown going for the days til I got to go to camp or once on staff, the days til campers arrived.  This year is no exception--despite the fact that I am at camp every day, I have a countdown in my calendar so I know just how many days it is until our campers arrive (58, in case you were wondering).  

Right now, camp is beautiful with the arrival of spring.  I love looking out my window at work and seeing what a gorgeous place I work at.  But I cannot wait for that first day campers come, with all of their energy and excitement.  I can't wait to walk around camp and hear cheers and songs from all directions.  I can't wait to hear splashing in the lake, and shouts of laughter in the pool.  I can't wait to see the empty cabins fill back up and take on the personality that the counselors bring to them.  I can't wait to eat in a dining hall where, after dinner, standing on your bench to sing is a common activity.  I can't wait for Friday night campfires, seeing old friends, and making new ones.  

I love this time of anticipation, waiting for summer to start.  I love remembering all the things I love about camp, I love planning and preparing for camp to start, and I love looking at staff and camper lists to see who is coming back.  I love dreaming of the possibilities the summer holds, and I love getting just a bit more excited every day as camp gets closer and closer.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment